The TPS310x, TPS311x families of supervisory circuits provide circuit initialization and timing supervision, primarily for DSP and processor based systems.
During power on, RESET is asserted when the supply voltage (VDD) becomes higher than 0.4 V. Thereafter, the supervisory circuit monitors VDD and keeps the RESET output active as long as VDD remains below the threshold voltage (VIT). An internal timer delays the return of the output to the inactive state to ensure proper system reset. The delay time starts after VDD has risen above the VIT. When the VDD drops below the VIT, the output becomes active again.
All the devices of this family have a fixed-sense threshold voltage (VIT) set by an internal voltage divider.
● Precision Supply Voltage Supervision
Range: 0.9 V, 1.2 V, 1.5 V, 1.6 V,
2 V, 3.3 V
● High Trip Point Accuracy: 0.75%
● Supply Current of 1.2 µA (Typ)
● RESET Defined With Input Voltages as Low
as 0.4 V
● Power On Reset Generator With a Delay
Time of 130 ms
● Push/Pull or Open-Drain RESET Outputs
● SOT23-6 Package
● Temperature Range . . . −40°C to 85°C
● Applications Using Low-Power DSPs,
Microcontrollers or Microprocessors
● Portable/Battery-Powered Equipment
● Intelligent Instruments
● Wireless Communication Systems
● Programmable Controls
● Industrial Equipment
● Notebook/Desktop Computers
● Automotive Systems