These hex inverter buffers/drivers feature high-voltage open-collector outputs to interface with high-level circuits (such as MOS), or for driving high-current loads, and also are characterized for use as inverter buffers for driving TTL inputs. The ’LS06 devices have a rated output voltage of 30 V, and the SN74LS16 has a rated output voltage of 15 V. The maximum sink current for the SN54LS06 is 30 mA, and for the SN74LS06 and SN74LS16 it is 40 mA.
These devices are compatible with most TTL families. Inputs are diode-clamped to minimize transmission effects, which simplifies design. Typical power dissipation is 175 mW, and average propagation delay time is 8 ns.
● Convert TTL Voltage Levels to MOS Levels
● High Sink-Current Capability
● Input Clamping Diodes Simplify System Design
● Open-Collector Driver for Indicator Lamps and Relays
● Inputs Fully Compatible With Most TTL Circuits