The LM3502 is a white LED driver for lighting applications. For dual display or large single white LED string backlighting applications, the LM3502 provides a complete solution. The LM3502 contains two internal white LED current bypass FET(Field Effect Transistor) switches that are ideal for controlling dual display applications. The white LED current can be adjusted with a PWM signal directly from a microcontroller without the need of an RC filter network.
With no external compensation, cycle-by-cycle current limit, over-voltage protection, and under-voltage protection, the LM3502 offers superior performance over other application specific standard product step-up white LED drivers.
• Drive up to 4, 6, 8 or 10 White LEDs for Dual Display Backlighting
• >80% Efficiency
• Output Voltage Options: 16V , 25V , 35V, and 44V
• Input Under-Voltage Protection
• Internal Soft Start Eliminating Inrush Curren
• 1 MHz Constant Switching Frequency
• Wide Input Voltage: 2.5V to 5.5V
• Small External Components
• Low Profile Packages: <1 mm Height
– 10 Bump DSBGA
– 16 Pin WQFN
• Dual Display Backlighting in Portable Devices
• Cellular Phones and PDAs