The LM7171 is a high speed voltage feedback amplifier that has the slewing characteristic of a current feedback amplifier; yet it can be used in all traditional voltage feedback amplifier configurations. The LM7171 is stable for gains as low as +2 or −1. It provides a very high slew rate at 4100V/μs and a wide unity-gain bandwidth of 200 MHz while consuming only 6.5 mA of supply current. It is ideal for video and high speed signal processing applications such as HDSL and pulse amplifiers. With 100 mA output current, the LM7171 can be used for video distribution, as a transformer driver or as a laser diode driver.
Operation on ±15V power supplies allows for large signal swings and provides greater dynamic range and signal-to-noise ratio. The LM7171 offers low SFDR and THD, ideal for ADC/DAC systems. In addition, the LM7171 is specified for ±5V operation for portable applications.
The LM7171 is built on Texas Instrumentss advanced VIP™ III (Vertically integrated PNP) complementary bipolar process.
23• (Typical Unless Otherwise Noted)
• Easy-To-Use Voltage Feedback Topology
• Very High Slew Rate: 2400V/μs
• Wide Unity-Gain Bandwidth: 200 MHz
• −3 dB Frequency @ AV = +2: 220 MHz
• Low Supply Current: 6.5 mA
• High Open Loop Gain: 85 dB
• High Output Current: 100 mA
• Specified for ±15V and ±5V Operation
• Available with Radiation Guarantee
– Total Ionizing Dose 300 Krad(Si)
– ELDRS Free 300 Krad(Si)
• HDSL and ADSL Drivers
• Multimedia Broadcast Systems
• Professional Video Cameras
• Video Amplifiers
• HDTV Amplifiers
• Pulse Amplifiers and Peak Detectors
• CATV/Fiber Optics Signal Processing