Medium Power Surface Mount Products
TMOS Single N-Channel Field Effect Transistors.
MiniMOS devices are an advanced series of power MOSFETs which utilize Motorola’s High Cell Density HDTMOS process. These miniature surface mount MOSFETs feature ultra low RDS(on) and true logic level performance. They are capable of withstanding high energy in the avalanche and commutation modes and the drain–to–source diode has a very low reverse recovery time. MiniMOS devices are designed for use in low voltage, high speed switching applications where power efficiency is important. Typical applications are dc–dc converters, and power management in portable and battery powered products such as computers, printers, cellular and cordless phones. They can also be used for low voltage motor controls in mass storage products such as disk drives and tape drives. The avalanche energy is specified to eliminate the guesswork in designs where inductive loads are switched and offer additional safety margin against unexpected voltage transients.
• Ultra Low RDS(on) Provides Higher Efficiency and Extends Battery Life
• Logic Level Gate Drive — Can Be Driven by Logic ICs
• Miniature SO–8 Surface Mount Package — Saves Board Space
• Diode Is Characterized for Use In Bridge Circuits
• Diode Exhibits High Speed, With Soft Recovery
• IDSS Specified at Elevated Temperature
• Avalanche Energy Specified
• Mounting Information for SO–8 Package Provided