The MCP1701 is a family of CMOS low dropout (LDO), positive voltage regulators that can deliver up to 250 mA of current while consuming only 2.0 µA of quiescent current (typical). The input operating range is specified up to 10V, making it ideal for lithium-ion (one or two cells), 9V alkaline and other two and three primary cell battery-powered applications.
The MCP1701 is capable of delivering 250 mA with an input-to-output voltage differential (dropout voltage) of 650 mV. The low dropout voltage extends the battery operating lifetime. It also permits high currents in small packages when operated with minimum VIN – VOUT differentials.
The MCP1701 has a tight tolerance output voltage regulation of ±0.5% (typical) and very good line regula tion at ±0.2%. The LDO output is stable when using only 1 µF of output capacitance of either tantalum or aluminum-electrolytic style capacitors. The MCP1701 LDO also incorporates short-circuit protection to ensure maximum reliability.
Package options include the 3-Pin SOT-23A, 3-Pin SOT-89 and 3-Pin TO-92.
• 2.0 µA Typical Quiescent Current
• Input Operating Voltage Range up to 10.0V
• Low Dropout Voltage:
- 250 mV (typ.) @ 100 mA
- 500 mV (typ.) @ 200 mA
• High Output Current: 250 mA (VOUT = 5.0V)
• High-Accuracy Output Voltage: ±2% (max)
• Low Temperature Drift: ±100 ppm/°C (typ.)
• Excellent Line Regulation: 0.2%/V (typ.)
• Package Options: 3-Pin SOT-23A, 3-Pin SOT-89
and 3-Pin TO-92
• Short-Circuit Protection
• Standard Output Voltage Options:
- 1.8V, 2.5V, 3.0V, 3.3V, 5.0V
• Battery-Powered Devices
• Battery-Powered Alarm Circuits
• Smoke Detectors
• CO2 Detectors
• Smart Battery Packs
• Low Quiescent Current Voltage Reference
• Cameras and Portable Video Equipment
• Pagers and Cellular Phones
• Solar-Powered Instruments
• Consumer Products
• Microcontroller Power