The P1817 is a versatile spread spectrum frequency modulator designed specifically for input clock frequencies. The P1817 reduces electromagnetic interference (EMI) at the clock source, allowing system wide reduction of EMI of down stream clock and data dependent signals. The P1817 allows significant system cost savings by reducing the number of circuit board layers ferrite beads, shielding and other passive components that are traditionally required to pass EMI regulations.
• FCC approved method of EMI attenuation.
• Generates a low EMI spread spectrum clock of the input frequency.
• Optimized for frequency range from 60 to 175MHz.
• Internal loop filter minimizes external components and board space.
• Four selectable spread ranges.
• Low inherent cycle-to-cycle jitter.
• 3.3V operating voltage range.
• TTL or CMOS compatible inputs and outputs.
• Ultra-low power CMOS design.
• 3.17mA @3.3V, 10MHz | 6.20mA @5.0V, 10MHz
• 4.28mA @3.3V, 14MHz | 7.50mA @5.0V, 14MHz
• 5.50mA @3.3V, 20MHz | 9.50mA @5.0V, 20MHz
• Supports notebook VGA and other LCD timing controller applications.
• SSON/SBM pin for Spread Spectrum On/Off and Standby Mode controls.
• Available in 8-pin SOIC and TSSOP.