TPS701xx family devices are designed to provide a complete power management solution for the TMS320™ DSP family, processor power, ASIC, FPGA, and digital applications where dual output voltage regulators are required. Easy programmability of the sequencing function makes the TPS701xx family ideal for any TMS320 DSP applications with power sequencing requirements. Differentiated features, such as accuracy, fast transient response, SVS supervisory circuit, manual reset inputs, and an enable function, provide a complete system solution.
The TPS701xx family of voltage regulators offers very low dropout voltage and dual outputs with power-up sequence control, which is designed primarily for DSP applications. These devices have extremely low noise output performance without using any added filter bypass capacitors and are designed to have a fast transient response and be stable with 10µF low ESR capacitors.
These devices have fixed 3.3V/2.5V, 3.3V/1.8V, 3.3V/1.5V, 3.3V/1.2V, and adjustable/adjustable voltage options. Regulator 1 can support up to 500mA, and regulator 2 can support up to 250mA. Separate voltage inputs allow the designer to configure the source power.
• Dual Output Voltages for Split-Supply Applications
• Selectable Power-Up Sequencing for DSP Applications
• Output Current Range of 500mA on Regulator
1 and 250mA on Regulator 2
• Fast Transient Response
• Voltage Options: 3.3V/2.5V, 3.3V/1.8V,
3.3V/1.5V, 3.3V/1.2V, and Dual Adjustable Outputs
• Open Drain Power-On Reset with 120ms Delay
• Open Drain Power Good for Regulator 1
• Ultra Low 190µA (typ) Quiescent Current
• 1µA Input Current During Standby
• Low Noise: 65µVRMS Without Bypass Capacitor
• Quick Output Capacitor Discharge Feature
• Two Manual Reset Inputs
• 2% Accuracy Over Load and Temperature
• Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO) Feature
• 20-Pin PowerPAD™ TSSOP Package
• Thermal Shutdown Protection