The TIR1000x serial infrared (SIR) encoder and decoder is a CMOS device that encodes and decodes bit data in conformance with the IrDA specification.
A transceiver device is needed to interface to the photo-sensitive diode (PIN) and the light emitting diode (LED). A UART is needed to interface to the serial data lines.
• Adds Infrared (IR) Port to Universal Asynchronous
Receiver Transmitter (UART)
• Compatible With Infrared Data Association
(IrDA™) and Hewlett Packard Serial Infrared
• Provides 1200-bps to 115-kbps Data Rate
• Operates from 2.7 V to 5.5 V
• Provides Simple Interface With UART
• Decodes Negative or Positive Pulses
• Available in Two 8-Terminal Plastic Small Outline
– PS Package Has Slightly Larger Dimensions
Than PW Package
• UART Interfacing
• Infrared Data Communications