The LM75B and LM75C are industy-standard digital temperature sensors with an integrated Sigma-Delta analog-to-digital converter and I2C interface. The LM75 provides 9-bit digital temperature readings with an accuracy of ±2°C from -25°C to 100°C and ±3°C over -55°C to 125°C.
Communication is accomplished over a 2-wire interface which operates up to 400kHz. The LM75 has three address pins, allowing up to eight LM75 devices to operate on the same 2-wire bus. The LM75 has a dedicated over-temperature output (O.S.) with programmable limit and hystersis. This output has programmable fault tolerance, which allows the user to define the number of consecutive error conditions that must occur before O.S. is activated.
The wide temperature and supply range and I2C interface make the LM75 ideal for a number of applications including base stations, electronic test equipment, office electronics, personal computers, and any other system where thermal management is critical to performance. The LM75B and LM75C are available in an SOIC package or VSSOP package.
• No External Components Required
• Shutdown Mode to Minimize Power Consumption
• Up to Eight LM75s Can be Connected to a Single Bus
• Power Up Defaults Permit Stand-alone Operation as Thermostat
• UL Recognized Component (LM75B and LM75C)
• General System Thermal Management
• Communications Infrastructure
• Electronic Test Equipment
• Environmental Monitoring
• Supply Voltage
– LM75B, LM75C: 3.0V to 5.5V
• Supply Current
– Operating: 280 μA (typ)
– Shutdown: 4 μA (typ)
• Temperature Accuracy
– −25°C to 100°C: ±2°C (max)
– −55°C to 125°C: ±3°C (max)