The SN65LBC171 and SN75LBC171 are monolithic integrated circuits designed for bidirectional data communication on multipoint bus-transmission lines. Potential applications include serial or parallel data transmission, cabled peripheral buses with twin axial, ribbon, or twisted-pair cabling. These devices are suitable for FAST–20 SCSI and can transmit or receive data pulses as short as 25 ns, with skew less than 3 ns.
These devices combine three 3-state differential line drivers and three differential input line receivers, all of which operate from a single 5-V power supply.
• Three Differential Transceivers in One Package
• Signaling Rates1 Up to 30 Mbps
• Low Power and High Speed
• Designed for TIA/EIA-485, TIA/EIA-422, ISO 8482, and ANSI X3.277 (HVD SCSI Fast–20) Applications
• Common-Mode Bus Voltage Range –7 V to 12 V
• ESD Protection on Bus Terminals Exceeds 12 kV
• Driver Output Current up to ±60 mA
• Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Driver Positive and Negative Current Limiting
• Power-Up, Power-Down Glitch-Free Operation
• Pin-Compatible With the SN75ALS171
• Available in Shrink Small-Outline Package