The LMK04906 is the industrys highest performance clock jitter attenuator with superior clock jitter cleaning, generation, and distribution with advanced features to meet high performance timing application needs.
The LMK04906 accepts 3 clock inputs ranging from 1 kHz to 500 MHz and generates 6 unique clock output frequencies ranging from 284 kHz to 2.6 GHz. The LMK04906 can also buffer a crystal or VCXO to generate a 7th unique clock frequency.
The device provides virtually all frequency translation combinations required for SONET, Ethernet, Fibre Channel and multi-mode Wireless Base Stations.
The LMK04906 input clock frequency and clock multiplication ratio are programmable through a SPI interface.
• Ultralow RMS Jitter Performance
– 100-fs RMS Jitter (12 kHz to 20 MHz)
– 123-fs RMS Jitter (100 Hz to 20 MHz)
• Dual Loop PLLatinum™ PLL Architecture
– Integrated Low-Noise Crystal Oscillator
– Holdover Mode when Input Clocks are Lost
– Automatic or Manual
– Normalized [1 Hz] PLL Noise Floor of –227
– Phase Detector Rate up to 155 MHz
– OSCin Frequency-doubler
– Integrated Low-Noise VCO
• 3 Redundant Input Clocks with LOS
– Automatic and Manual Switch-Over Modes
• 50% Duty Cycle Output Divides, 1 to 1045 (Even
• LVPECL, LVDS, or LVCMOS Programmable
• Precision Digital Delay, Fixed or Dynamically
• 25-ps Step Analog Delay Control.
• 6 Differential Outputs. Up to 12 Single Ended.
– Up to 5 VCXO/Crystal Buffered Outputs
• Clock Rates of up to 2600 MHz
• 0-Delay Mode
• Three Default Clock Outputs at Power Up
• Multi-mode: Dual PLL, Single PLL, and Clock
• Industrial Temperature Range: –40 to 85 °C
• 3.15-V to 3.45-V Operation
• Package: 64-Pin WQFN (9 mm × 9 mm × 0.8 mm)
• 10G, 40G, and 100G OTN Line Cards
• SONET/SDH OC-48/STM-16 and OC-192/STM-
64 Line Cards
• GbE/10GbE, 1/2/4/8/10GFC Line Cards
• ITU G.709 and Custom FEC Line Cards
• Synchronous Ethernet
• Optical Modules
• Test and Measurement
• Broadcast Video
• Wireless Basestations
• Data Converter Clocking
• Microwave ODU and IDUs for Wireless Backhaul