The CDC5806 is a clock generator which synthesizes video clocks, audio clocks, CPU clock, ASIC clock, USB clock, and a memory card clock from a 54-MHz system clock.
Three phase-locked loops (PLLs) are used to generate the different frequencies from the system clock. On-chip loop filters and internal feedback eliminate the need for external components.
Since the CDC5806 is based on PLL circuitry, it requires a stabilization time to achieve phase-lock of the PLLs. The PLL stabilization time begins after the reference clock input has a stable phase and frequency.
The device operates from a single 3.3-V supply voltage. The CDC5806 device is characterized for operation from -40°C to 85°C.
• High Performance Clock Generator
• Clock Input Compatible With LVCMOS/LVTTL
• Requires a 54-MHz Input Clock to Generate Multiple Output Frequencies
• Low Jitter for Clock Distribution
• Generates the Following Clocks:
– VIDCLK 74.175824 MHz/54 MHz (Buffered)
– AUDCLK 16.9344 MHz/12.288 MHz
– CPUCLK 64 MHz
– ASICCLK 32 MHz
– USBCLK 48 MHz
– MCCLK 38.4 MHz/19.2 MHz/12 MHz
• Operates From Single 3.3-V Supply
• Low Peak-to-Peak Period Jitter (150 ps Max)
• PLLs Are Powered Down, if No Valid REF_IN
Clock (< 5 MHz) is Detected or the
VDD is Below 2 V
• PLL Loop Filter Components Integrated
• Packaged in TSSOP (PW) 20-Pin Package
• Industrial Temperature Range -40°C to 85°C Applications
• Digital Television With a Memory Card Interface