These 16-bit buffers and bus drivers provide a high-performance bus interface for wide data paths.
The 3-state control gate is a 2-input AND gate with active-low inputs so that if either output-enable (OE1 or OE2) input is high, all corresponding outputs are in the high-impedance state.
To ensure the high-impedance state during power up or power down, OE should be tied to VCC through a pullup resistor; the minimum value of the resistor is determined by the current-sinking capability of the driver.
The SN54AHC16540 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of –55°C to 125°C.
The SN74AHC16540 is characterized for operation from –40°C to 85°C.
• Members of the Texas Instruments Widebus™ Family
• EPIC™ (Enhanced-Performance Implanted CMOS) Process
• Operating Range 2-V to 5.5-V VCC
• Distributed VCC and GND Pins Minimize
High-Speed Switching Noise
• Flow-Through Architecture Optimizes PCB Layout
• Latch-Up Performance Exceeds 250 mA Per JESD 17
• ESD Protection Exceeds 2000 V Per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015
• Package Options Include Plastic Shrink
Small-Outline (DL), Thin Shrink
Small-Outline (DGG), and Thin Very
Small-Outline (DGV) Packages and 380-mil
Fine-Pitch Ceramic Flat (WD) Package
Using 25-mil Center-to-Center Spacings