The ’AC16245 are 16-bit bus transceivers organized as dual-octal noninverting 3-state transceivers designed for asynchronous two-way communication between data buses. The control function implementation minimizes external tim ing requirements.
These devices allow data transmission from the A bus to the B bus or from the B bus to the A bus, depending upon the logic level at the direction control (DIR) input. The output-enable input (OE) can be used to disable the devices so that the buses are effectively isolated.
The 74AC16245 is packaged in TI’s shrink small-outline package, which provides twice the I/O pin count and functionality of standard small-outline packages in the same printed-circuit-board area.
The 54AC16245 is characterized for operation over the full military temperature range of –55°C to 125°C. The 74AC16245 is characterized for operation from –40°C to 85°C.
● Members of the Texas Instruments Widebus™ Family
● 3-State Outputs Drive Bus Lines or Buffer Memory Address Registers
● Flow-Through Architecture Optimizes PCB Layout
● Distributed VCC and GND Configuration Minimizes High-Speed Switching Noise
● EPIC™ (Enhanced-Performance Implanted CMOS) 1-μm Process
● 500-mA Typical Latch-Up Immunity at 125°C
● Package Options Include Plastic Thin
Shrink Small-Outline (DGG) Package,
300-mil Shrink Small-Outline (DL) Package
Using 25-mil Center-to-Center Pin Spacings
and 380-mil Fine-Pitch Ceramic Flat (WD)
Package Using 25-mil Center-to-Center Pin Spacings