The product described in this manual left the factory in a perfectly safe and tested condition. To maintain this condition and to achieve perfect and reliable operation of this product, it must only be used in the way described by the manufacturer. Successful and safe operation of this equipment is dependent on proper handling, installation, operation and maintenance.
General information about the positioner
The positioner is used to adjust and control pneumatic actuators.
The controller operates electropneumatically with compressed air as an energy supply.
For example, the positioner can be used to control valves as follows:
• with linear actuator (figure 1-1, page 13) or
• with part-turn actuator VDI/VDE 3845 (figure 1-2, page 13)
Different mounting types are available for linear actuators:
• NAMUR or IEC 534
• integrated mounting to ARCA
• integrated mounting to SAMSON (non-explosion-proof version)
This means the positioner can be installed and operated on all common actuator systems.
The positioner is available for the following actuators:
• double-acting and
For following applications:
• potentially explosive or
• not potentially explosive applications.
The electronics with display, position feedback and valve block are integrated in the housing.
The housing is available in three versions:
• Plastic housing for single and double-acting actuators
• Metal housing for single-acting actuators
• Explosion proof housing for single and double-acting actuators