The LC75874E and LC75874W are 1/4-duty general purpose microprocessor-controlled LCD driver that can be used in applications such as frequency display in products with electronic tuning. In addition to being able to drive up to 264 segments directly, the LC75874E and LC75874W can also control up to 8 general-purpose output ports.
Since the LC75874E and LC75874W use separate power supply systems for the LCD drive block and the logic block, the LCD driver block power-supply voltage can be set to any voltage in the range 2.7 to 6.0 V, regardless of the logic block power-supply voltage.
• Support for 1/4-duty 1/2-bias or 1/4-duty 1/3-bias drive techniques under serial data control (up to 264 segments)
• Serial data input supports CCB format communication with the system controller.
• Serial data control of the power-saving mode based backup function and the all segments forced off function.
• Serial data control of switching between the segment output port and general-purpose output port functions.
• High generality, since display data is displayed directly without the intervention of a decoder circuit.
• Independent VLCD for the LCD driver block (VLCD can be set to any voltage in the range 2.7 to 6.0 V, regardless of the logic block power-supply voltage.)
• The INH pin allows the display to be forced to the off state.
• RC oscillator circuit