The LC75804E and LC75804W are 1/3 duty and 1/4 duty LCD display drivers that can directly drive up to 300 segments and can control up to eight general-purpose output ports. These products also incorporate a key scan circuit that accepts input from up to 30 keys to reduce printed circuit board wiring.
• Key input function for up to 30 keys (A key scan is performed only when a key is pressed.)
• 1/3 duty and 1/4 duty drive schemes can be controlled from serial data.
• 1/2 bias and 1/3 bias drive schemes can be controlled from serial data.
• Capable of driving up to 228 segments using 1/3 duty and up to 300 segments using 1/4 duty.
• Sleep mode and all segments off functions that are controlled from serial data.
• Segment output port/general-purpose output port function switching that is controlled from serial data.
• Serial data I/O supports CCB format communication with the system controller.
• Direct display of display data without the use of a decoder provides high generality.
• Independent VLCD for the LCD driver block (VLCD can be set to in the range VDD – 0.5 to 6.0 volts.)
• Provision of an on-chip voltage-detection type reset circuit prevents incorrect displays.
• RES pin provided for forcibly initializing the IC internal circuits.
• RC oscillator circuit.