The LC72710W and LC72710LW are data demodulator ICs for receiving FM multiplex broadcasts for mobile reception in the DARC format. This IC includes an on chip bandpass filter for extracting the DARC signal from the FM baseband signal. It also integrates a decoder circuit that performs the VICS data processing on the same chip and can implement a compact, multifunction VICS reception system. The LC72710W and LC72710LW support both parallel and CCB serial CPU interfaces, and integrate the circuits required for simultaneous reception of both VICS data and dGPS service data. Note that a contract with VICS Center is required to evaluate this sample IC and to produce end products that support VICS.
• Adjustment-free 76 kHz SCF bandpass filter
• Built-in VICS decoder
• MSK delay detection system based on a 1T delay.
• Error correction function based on a 2T delay (in the MSK detection stage)
• Digital PLL based clock regeneration function
• Shift-register 1T and 2T delay circuits
• Block and frame synchronization detection circuits
• Functions for setting the number of allowable BIC errors and the number of synchronization protection operations.
• Error correction using (272, 190) codes
• Built-in layer 4 CRC code checking circuit
• On-chip frame memory and memory control circuit for vertical correction
• 7.2 MHz crystal oscillator circuit
• Two power saving modes: STNBY and EC_STOP
• Dedicated frame synchronization circuit for simultaneous reception of dGPS and VICS data
• Applications can use either a parallel CPU interface (DMA) or a CCB serial interface.
• Supply voltage: 4.5 to 5.5 V (LC72710W), 2.7 to 3.6 V (LC72710LW)