The LC662304A, LC662306A, LC662308A, LC662312A, and LC662316A are 4-bit CMOS microcontrollers that integrate on a single chip all the functions required in a special-purpose telephone controller, including ROM, RAM, I/O ports, a serial interface, a DTMF generator, timers, and interrupt functions. These microcontrollers are available in a 42-pin package.
Features and Functions
• On-chip ROM capacities of 4, 6, 8, 12, and 16 kilobytes, and an on-chip RAM capacity of 512 × 4 bits.
• Fully supports the LC66000 Series common instruction set (128 instructions).
• I/O ports: 36 pins
• DTMF generator
This microcontroller incorporates a circuit that can generate two sine wave outputs, DTMF output, or a melody output for software applications.
• 8-bit serial interface: one circuit
• Instruction cycle time: 0.95 to 10 µs (at 3.0 to 5.5 V)
• Powerful timer functions and prescalers
— Time limit timer, event counter, pulse width measurement, and square wave output using a 12-bit timer.
— Time limit timer, event counter, PWM output, and square wave output using an 8-bit timer.
— Time base function using a 12-bit prescaler.
• Powerful interrupt system with 10 interrupt factors and 7 interrupt vector locations.
— External interrupts: 3 factors/3 vector locations
— Internal interrupts: 4 factors/4 vector locations (Waveform output internal interrupts: 3 factors and 1 vector; shared with external expansion interrupts)
• Flexible I/O functions
Selectable options include 20-mA drive outputs, inverter circuits, pull-up and open drain circuits.
• Optional runaway detection function (watchdog timer)
• 8-bit I/O functions
• Power saving functions using halt and hold modes.
• Packages: DIP42S, QIP48E (QFP48E)
• Evaluation LSIs: LC66599 (evaluation chip) + EVA800/850-TB662YXX2 LC66E2316(on-chip EPROM microcontroller)