The TEA5551T is a 1-chip monolithic integrated radio circuit which is designed for use as a pocket receiver with headphones in a supply voltage range (VS) of 1.8 V to 4.5 V.
The circuit consists of a complete AM part and dual AF amplifier with low quiescent current. The AF part has low radiation (HF noise) and good overdrive performance. The dual AF amplifier makes the device suitable for operation in an AM/FM stereo receiver with or without stereo cassette player. The IC has a 1-pin switch for AM or other applications.
• Low voltage operation (VS = 1.8 V to 4.5 V)
• Low current consumption (Itot = 5 mA at VS = 3 V)
• All pins provided with ESD protection
• High sensitivity (Vi = 1.5 µV for Vo = 10 mV)
• Good IF suppression
• Good signal handling (Vi(max) = 80 mV)
• Switch for AM or other applications
• Short waveband (> 40 MHz)
• A fixed integrated gain of 32 dB
• Few external components required
• Very low quiescent current
• Low HF radiation and good AF overdrive performance
• 0 to 20 kHz limited frequency response
• 25 mW per channel output power in 32 Ω