The TEA1501 (Greeny) is the low power member of the GreenChipfamily and is especially designed for standby switched mode power supply applications. Greeny incorporates all the necessary functions for an efficient and low cost power supply for 90 to 276 V AC universal
input. Greeny is a monolithic integrated circuit and is available in a DIP8 package. The design is made in the BCD_PowerLogic750 process and includes the high voltage switching device. Using only 7 functional pins, Greeny contains extensive control functions to form a flexible and a reliable power supply with a minimum of external components. Greeny operates in a flyback topology (see Fig.1) with a fixed switching frequency, constant primary peak current control and regulates the
output voltage in burst mode.
• Direct off-line operation (90 to 276 V AC)
• Low external component count
• Integrated high voltage startup current source for a fast startup within 0.25 s
• Integrated power switch: 650 V, 40Ω, 0.25 A
• Programmable primary peak current
• Data transfer from isolated secondary side to non-isolated primary side via the transformer
• On/Off function replaces expensive mains switch by a functional switch.
• Low current consumption in Off mode, typical 40µA
• Efficient burst mode operation, for 0.1 to 3 W output power.
• Cycle-by-cycle current control with programmable primary peak current
• Over-voltage protection
• Under-voltage lockout
• Over-temperature protection.