The TEA1210TS is a fully integrated DC/DC converter. Efficient, compact and dynamic power conversion is achieved using a novel digitally controlled concept like Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) or Pulse Frequency Modulation (PFM), integrated low R CMOS power switches with low parasitic capacitances, and fully synchronous rectification.
The device operates at 600 kHz switching frequency which enables the use of external components with minimum size. The switching frequency can be locked to an external high-frequency clock.
Optionally, the device can be kept in the Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) mode regardless of the load applied. Deadlock is prevented by an on-chip undervoltage lockout circuit.
Two selectable current limits in upconversion mode enable efficient battery use even at highly dynamic loads such as cellular phone electronics.
• Fully integrated DC/DC converter circuit, featuring internal very low RDSon power MOSFETs
• Up-or-down conversion
• Start-up from 1.85 V input voltage
• Adjustable output voltage
• High efficiency over large load range
• 600 kHz switching frequency
• Low quiescent power consumption
• Synchronizing with external clock
• Two selectable current limits for efficient battery use in case of dynamic loads
• Up to 100% duty cycle in down mode
• Undervoltage lockout
• Shut-down function
• 16-pin small body SSOP16 package.
• Cellular phones, Personal Digital Assistants (PDAs) and others
• Supply voltage source for low-voltage chip sets
• Portable computers
• Battery backup supplies.