The TEA1118 and TEA1118A are bipolar integrated circuits that perform all speech and line interface functions
required in cordless telephone base stations. The ICs operate at a line voltage down to 1.6 V DC (with reduced
performance) to facilitate the use of telephone sets connected in parallel.
• Low DC line voltage; operates down to 1.6 V (excluding polarity guard)
• Voltage regulator with adjustable DC voltage
• Provides a supply for external circuits
• Symmetrical high impedance transmit inputs (62.5 kΩ) with large signals handling capabilities [up to
1 V (RMS value) with less than 2% THD]
• Receive amplifier for dynamic, magnetic or piezoelectric earpieces
• AGC line loss compensation for transmit and earpiece amplifiers
• DTMF input with confidence tone (TEA1118A only)
• MUTE input for pulse or DTMF dialling (TEA1118A only)
• Transmit mute function, also enabling the DTMF input (TEA1118A only).
• Cordless telephone base stations
• Fax machines
• Answering machines.