The TEA1104 is manufactured in a BiCMOS process intended to be used as a battery monitor circuit in charge systems for NiCd and NiMH batteries. It is especially designed for cost effective compact consumer applications.
• Accurate detection of fully charged batteries by currentless peak voltage sensing
• Switch-over from fast to safe trickle charge current at battery full detection
• Fast charge termination back-up by maximum time and maximum temperature detection
• Several trickle charge drive possibilities for mains isolated and non-mains isolated systems
• Battery checking to protect against short-circuited and open batteries
• Battery monitor allows recharging of different battery packs in the same charger
• Dual LED indicator provision
• External regulator not required because of large input voltage range
• Few low cost external components required.
• Portable telephone
• Portable computer
• Portable audio
• Portable video.