The TDA5051A is a modem IC, specifically dedicated to ASK transmission by means of the home power supply
network, at 600 or 1200 baud data rate. It operates from a single 5 V supply.
• Full digital carrier generation and shaping
• Modulation/demodulation frequency set by clock adjustment, from microcontroller or on-chip oscillator
• High clock rate of 6-bit A/D (Digital to Analog) converter for rejection of aliasing components
• Fully integrated output power stage with overload protection
• Automatic Gain Control (AGC) at receiver input
• 8-bit A/D (Analog to Analog) converter and narrow digital filtering
• Digital demodulation delivering baseband data
• Easy compliance with EN50065-1 with simple coupling network
• Few external components for low cost applications
• SO16 plastic package.
• Home appliance control (air conditioning, shutters, lighting, alarms and so on)
• Energy/heating control
• Amplitude Shift Keying (ASK) data transmission using the home power network.