The FM1246 front-end is designed to receive both TV and FM stereo signals in the PC Multimedia environment. The units are available with separate 75Ωinputs for TV and FM broadcast reception. The input connectors available are either standard phono or IEC type (female for TV, male for FM radio). The tuning, bandswitching and antenna selection are made through the I2C-bus.
• System I and FM radio broadcast
• True 5 V device (low power dissipation)
• Full TV frequency range from channel A (45.75 MHz) to channel 69 (855.25 MHz)
• FM radio band coverage from 87.50 to 108.00 MHz
• PLL controlled tuning
• Programmable PLL step size (31.25, 50 or 62.5 kHz)
• True-synchronous vision IF demodulator (PLL)
• Ultra-linear FM PLL demodulator for FM radio broadcast
• Demodulated video output, AF sound output, second sound IF output
• I2C-bus control of tuning, address selection, AFC status information
• Complies with European regulations on radiation, signal handling and immunity“CENELEC 55020, 55013’’
• Small horizontally mounted metal housing.