GENERAL - SATA AND SAS
• Four bi-directional 2:1 SATA or SAS multiplexer/demultiplexer.
• Compliant with SAS Internal and External specification.
• SATA Gen1i, Gen1x, Gen2i, Gen2x compliant.
• In the downstream direction, the QuadSMX 3G demuxes the initiator-side receive ports to either the A or B device-side transmit ports.
• In the upstream direction, the QuadSMX 3G selects either the A or B device-side receive port to output on the initiator-side transmit ports.
• Passes-thru out-of-band (OOB) signaling.
• Internal OOB detectors for COMSAS, COMRESET/COMINIT and COMWAKE.
• Provides port reordering to support standard SATA/SAS 4 channel connectors and easier PCB routing.
GENERAL - ETHERNET AND FIBRE CHANNEL
• Four channel bi-directional Gigabit Ethernet and 10 Gigabit Ethernet (XAUI) link extender and 2:1 serial multiplexer/demultiplexer.
• Four channel bi-directional 1G,2G and 10G Fibre Channel link extender and 2:1 serial multiplexer/demultiplexer
• Provides transmit redundancy for Ethernet and Fibre Channel Switch Applications. In this case,data is broadcast to both Port A and Port B.
• 1.0 Gbit/s to 3.2 Gbit/s operation.
• Automatic amplitude control for SATA and SAS applications.
• Programmable receive equalization, transmit preemphasis and transmit output swing.
• Integrated resistive termination and receive AC coupling.
• Analog interfaces support SATA and SAS hot plug.
• Host Bus Adapter.
• RAID controller.
• Ethernet (1GE and 10 GE XAUI) and Fibre Channel (1,2 and 10 GFC) link extender.
• Ethernet (1GE and 10 GE XAUI) and Fibre Channel (1,2 and 10 GFC) mux/demux.
• PCI Express, PCI Advanced Switching, ATCA, serial RapidIO, Infiniband, and HDTV link extender and mux/demux.