The SN54/74LS290 and SN54/74LS293 are high-speed 4-bit ripple type counters partitioned into two sections. Each counter has a divide-by-two section and either a divide-by-five (LS290) or divide-by-eight (LS293) section which are triggered by a HIGH-to-LOW transition on the clock inputs.
• Corner Power Pin Versions of the LS90 and LS93
• Low Power Consumption . . . Typically 45 mW
• High Count Rates . . . Typically 42 MHz
• Choice of Counting Modes . . . BCD, Bi-Quinary, Binary
• Input Clamp Diodes Limit High Speed Termination Effects