1-of-8 Decoder/Demultiplexer with LSTTL Compatible Inputs
High−Performance Silicon−Gate CMOS
The MC74HCT138A is identical in pinout to the LS138. The HCT138A may be used as a level converter for interfacing TTL or NMOS outputs to High Speed CMOS inputs.
The HCT138A decodes a three−bit Address to one−of−eight active−lot outputs. This device features three Chip Select inputs, two active−low and one active−high to facilitate the demultiplexing, cascading, and chip−selecting functions. The demultiplexing function is accomplished by using the Address inputs to select the desired device output; one of the Chip Selects is used as a data input while the other Chip Selects are held in their active states.
• Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
• TTL/NMOS Compatible Input Levels
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1.0 A
• In Compliance with the Requirements Defined by JEDEC Standard No. 7A
• Chip Complexity: 122 FETs or 30.5 Equivalent Gates
• These Devices are Pb−Free, Halogen Free/BFR Free and are RoHS Compliant