High–Performance Silicon–Gate CMOS
The MC54/74HC4051, MC74HC4052 and MC54/74HC4053 utilize silicon–gate CMOS technology to achieve fast propagation delays, low ON resistances, and low OFF leakage currents. These analog multiplexers/demultiplexers control analog voltages that may vary across the complete power supply range (from VCC to VEE).
The HC4051, HC4052 and HC4053 are identical in pinout to the metal–gate MC14051B, MC14052B and MC14053B. The Channel–Select inputs determine which one of the Analog Inputs/Outputs is to be connected, by means of an analog switch, to the Common Output/Input. When the Enable pin is HIGH, all analog switches are turned off.
The Channel–Select and Enable inputs are compatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors they are compatible with LSTTL outputs.
These devices have been designed so that the ON resistance (Ron) is
more linear over input voltage than Ron of metal–gate CMOS analog
For multiplexers/demultiplexers with channel–select latches, see HC4351, HC4352 and HC4353.
• Fast Switching and Propagation Speeds
• Low Crosstalk Between Switches
• Diode Protection on All Inputs/Outputs
• Analog Power Supply Range (VCC – VEE) = 2.0 to 12.0 V
• Digital (Control) Power Supply Range (VCC – GND) = 2.0 to 6.0 V
• Improved Linearity and Lower ON Resistance Than Metal–Gate
• Low Noise
• In Compliance With the Requirements of JEDEC Standard No. 7A
• Chip Complexity:
HC4051 — 184 FETs or 46 Equivalent Gates
HC4052 — 168 FETs or 42 Equivalent Gates
HC4053 — 156 FETs or 39 Equivalent Gates