14-Stage Binary Ripple Counter
High–Performance Silicon–Gate CMOS
The MC74C4020A is identical in pinout to the standard CMOS MC14020B. The device inputs are compatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs.
This device consists of 14 master–slave flip–flops with 12 stages brought out to pins. The output of each flip–flop feeds the next and the frequency at each output is half of that of the preceding one. Reset is asynchronous and active–high.
State changes of the Q outputs do not occur simultaneously because of internal ripple delays. Therefore, decoded output signals are subject to decoding spikes and may have to be gated with the Clock of the HC4020A for some designs.
• Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1 µA
• High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
• In Compliance With JEDEC Standard No. 7A Requirements
• Chip Complexity: 398 FETs or 99.5 Equivalent Gates