8-Bit Serial or Parallel-Input/Serial-Output Shift Register
High–Performance Silicon–Gate CMOS
The MC74HC165A is identical in pinout to the LS165. The device inputs are compatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs.
This device is an 8–bit shift register with complementary outputs from the last stage. Data may be loaded into the register either in parallel or in serial form. When the Serial Shift/Parallel Load input is low, the data is loaded asynchronously in parallel. When the Serial Shift/Parallel Load input is high, the data is loaded serially on the rising edge of either Clock or Clock Inhibit (see the Function Table).
The 2–input NOR clock may be used either by combining two independent clock sources or by designating one of the clock inputs to act as a clock inhibit.
• Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1 µA
• High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
• In Compliance with the Requirements Defined by JEDEC Standard No. 7A
• Chip Complexity: 286 FETs or 71.5 Equivalent Gates