8−Bit Serial−Input/Parallel−Output Shift Register
High–Performance Silicon–Gate CMOS
The MC74HC164A is identical in pinout to the LS164. The device inputs are compatible with standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs.
The MC74HC164A is an 8–bit, serial–input to parallel–output shift register. Two serial data inputs, A1 and A2, are provided so that one input may be used as a data enable. Data is entered on each rising edge of the clock. The active–low asynchronous Reset overrides the Clock and Serial Data inputs.
• Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1 µA
• High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
• In Compliance with the Requirements Defined by JEDEC Standard No. 7A
• Chip Complexity: 244 FETs or 61 Equivalent Gates