µPD17072 and 17073 are low-voltage 4-bit single-chip CMOS microcontrollers containing hardware ideal for organizing a digital tuning system.
The CPU employs 17K architecture and can manipulate the data memory directly, perform arithmetic operations,and control peripheral hardware with a single instruction. All the instructions are 16-bit one-word instructions.
As peripheral hardware, a prescaler that can operate at up to 230 MHz for a digital tuning system, a PLL frequency synthesizer, and an intermediate frequency (IF) counter are integrated in addition to I/O ports, an LCD controller/driver, A/D converter, and BEEP.
• 17K architecture: general-purpose register system
• Program memory (ROM)
6 KB (3072 × 16 bits): µPD17072
8 KB (4096 × 16 bits): µPD17073
• General-purpose data memory (RAM)
176 × 4 bits
• Instruction execution time
53.3 µs (with 75-kHz crystal resonator: normal operation)
106.6 µs (with 75-kHz crystal resonator: low-speed mode)
• Decimal operation
• Table reference
• Hardware for PLL frequency synthesizer
Dual modulus prescaler (230 MHz max.), programmable divider, phase comparator, charge pump
• Various peripheral hardware
General-purpose I/O ports, LCD controller/driver, serial interface, A/D converter, BEEP, intermediate frequency (IF) counter
• Many interrupts
External: 1 channel
Internal: 2 channels
• Power-ON reset, CE reset, and power failure detector
• CMOS low power consumption
• Supply voltage: VDD = 1.8 to 3.6 V