The µPD16686 and 16687 are controller/drivers which include display RAM for full-dot LCDs that can provide a four-level gray scale display. These ICs are able to drive full-dot LCDs that contain up to 128 x 128 dots.
• µPD16686: COM outputs configured on both sides of chip
• µPD16687: COM outputs configured on one side of chip
• LCD controller/driver with on-chip display RAM
• Can operate using single power supply (logic system) in range from +1.7 to +3.6 V.
• On-chip booster: Switchable from x2 to x9 modes
• Dot display RAM: 128 x 128 x 2 bits
• Selection of four levels of gray scales from among 33 possible levels
(four-frame rate control + 8 pulse width modulation)
• Full dot outputs: 128 segment outputs and 128 common outputs
• Static icon outputs: 20 segment outputs and 2 common outputs (same signal is output)
• Serial data input and 8-bit parallel data input (i80 series interface and M68 series interface)
• On-chip voltage divider resistor
• Selectable bias levels: 1/12 to 1/7 bias (normal display), 1/6 or 1/5 bias (partial display)
• Duty settings: 1/128 to 1/1 duty
• On-chip oscillator