TheMC74HC42 is identical in pinout to the LS42. The device inputs are compatiblewith standard CMOS outputs; with pullup resistors, they are compatible with LSTTL outputs. TheHC42 decodes a BCD Address to one–of–ten active low outputs. For Addressinputs with a hexadecimal equivalent greater than 9, all outputs, Y0 – Y9, remain high (inactive).
• Output Drive Capability: 10 LSTTL Loads
• Outputs Directly Interface to CMOS, NMOS, and TTL
• Operating Voltage Range: 2 to 6 V
• Low Input Current: 1 µA
• High Noise Immunity Characteristic of CMOS Devices
• In Compliance with the Requirements Defined by JEDEC Standard No. 7A
• Chip Complexity: 104 FETs or 26 Equivalent Gates