This hermetically sealed Transient Voltage Suppressor (TVS) product family includes a rectifier diode element in series and opposite direction to achieve low capacitance performance below 100 pF (see Figure 2). The low level of TVS capacitance may be used for protecting higher frequency applications in inductive switching environments or electrical systems involving secondary lightning effects per IEC61000-4-5 as well as RTCA/DO-160D or ARINC 429 for airborne avionics.
• Unidirectional low-capacitance TVS series for flexible thru-hole mounting
• Suppresses transients up to 1500 watts @ 10/1000 µs
• Clamps transient in less than 100 pico seconds
• Working voltage (VWM) range 6.5 V to 170 V
• Hermetic sealed DO-13 metal package
• Options for screening in accordance with MIL-PRF-19500 for JAN, JANTX, JANTXV, and JANS are also available by adding MQ, MX, MV, MSP prefixes respectively to part numbers, e.g. MXLC6.5A, etc.
• Surface mount equivalent packages also available as SMCJLCE6.5 - SMCJLCE170A or SMCGLCE6.5 - SMCGLCE170A in separate data sheet (consult factory for other surface mount options)
• Plastic axial-leaded equivalents available in the LCE6.5 - LCE170A series in separate data sheet