The MIC5231µCap low-dropout voltage regulator is intended for low-output-current biasing applications. It features extremely low ground current, not greater than 4µA under all load and temperature conditions, making it efficient and ideal for keep-alive applications in devices such as notebook computers.
The MIC5231 offers better than 2% initial accuracy and low dropout (typically 150mV at 10mA output current). An output capacitor is not required for stable operation, decreasing cost and board space. Tiny ceramic chip capacitors may be used to improve transient response.
The MIC5231 also features a control pin which allows the regulator to be shut down when not required. Its shutdown state draws zero current, benefitting battery-powered applications.
The MIC5231 is available in fixed output voltages of 2.75V, 3.0V, 3.3V and 5V in the small SOT-23-5 IttyBitty™ package. Contact Micrel for other voltage options.
• Extremely low quiescent current—only 0.65µA
• No output capacitor requirement
• Stable with ceramic or tantalum capacitors
• IttyBitty™ SOT-23-5 surface-mount package
• 10mA output drive
• Low 150mV at 10mA dropout voltage
• Tight load and line regulation
• Low temperature coefficient
• Logic-level enable input
• Real time clocks
• SRAM backup
• Cellular telephones
• Laptop, notebook and palmtop computers
• Battery-powered equipment
• Bar code scanners
• SMPS post-regulator and dc-to-dc modules