The KSZ8765CLX is a highly integrated, Layer 2-managed, five-port switch with numerous features designed to reduce overall system cost. It is intended for cost-sensitive applications requiring four 10/100Mbps copper ports and one 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit uplink port. The KSZ8765CLX incorporates a small package outline, the lowest power consumption with internal biasing, and on-chip termination. Its extensive set of features include enhanced power management, programmable rate limiting and priority ratio, tagged and port-based VLAN, port-based security and ACL rule-based packet filtering technology, QoS priority with four queues, management interfaces, enhanced MIB counters, high performance memory bandwidth, and a shared memory based switch fabric with non-blocking support. The KSZ8765CLX provides support for multiple CPU data interfaces to effectively address both current and emerging fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet applications where the Port 5 GMAC can be configured to any of the GMII, RGMII, MII, and RMII modes.
The KSZ8765CLX product is built upon Micrel’s industry leading Ethernet’s latest analog and digital technology, with features designed to offload host processing and streamline the overall design.
● Two integrated MAC/PHYs 100Base-FX on Port 1 and Port 2
● Two integrated MAC/PHYs 10/100Base-T/TX on Port 3 and Port 4
● One integrated 10/100/1000Base-T/TX GMAC with selectable GMII, RGMII, MII, and RMII interfaces
● Small 80-pin LQFP package
A robust assortment of power management features including energy-efficient Ethernet (EEE), power management event (PME), and wake-on-LAN (WoL) have been designed in to satisfy energy efficient environments.
All registers in the MAC/PHY units can be managed through the SPI interface. MIIM PHY registers can be accessed through the MDC/MDIO interface.
● Industrial Ethernet applications that employ IEEE 802.3- compliant MACs (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, MODBUS TCP, etc.)
● VoIP phone
● Set-top/game box
● Industrial control
● IPTV POF
● SOHO residential gateway with full wire speed of four LAN ports
● Broadband gateway/firewall/VPN
● Integrated DSL/cable modem
● Wireless LAN access point + gateway
● Standalone 10/100 switch
● Networked measurement and control systems