MAX200-MAX209, MAX211, and MAX213 are a family of RS-232 and V.28 transceivers with integrated charge pump circuitry for single +5V supply operation.
The drivers maintain the ±5V EIA/TIA-232E output signal levels at data rates in excess of 120kbps when loaded in accordance with the EIA/TIA-232E specification.
The MAX211 and MAX213 are available in a 28-pin, wide small-outline (SO) package and a 28-pin shrink small outline (SSOP) package, which occupies only 40% of the area of the SO. The MAX207 is available in a 24-pin SO package and a 24-pin SSOP. The MAX203 and MAX205
use no external components and are recommended for applications with limited circuit board space.
Benefts and Features
● Saves Board Space
• Integrated Charge Pump Circuitry
Eliminates the Need for a Bipolar ±12V Supply
Enables Single Supply Operation From Either +5V
or 9V to +12V
• Integrated 0.1μF Capacitors (MAX203, MAX205)
• 24 pin SSOP Package Saves Up to 40% Versus
● Saves Power for Longer Battery Operation
• 5μW Shutdown Mode (MAX200, MAX205,
• 75μW Ring Indicator Monitoring with Two Active
● Battery-Powered Equipment
● Handheld Equipment
● Portable Diagnostics Equipment