8 Amp bi-directional solid state switch series is designed for AC switching and phase control applications such as
motor speed and temperature modulation controls, lighting controls, and static switching relays.
Features & Benefits
• RoHS compliant
• Glass – passivated junctions
• Voltage capability up to 1000 V
• Surge capability up to 100 A
• Electrically isolated “L-Package” is UL recognized for 2500Vrms
• Solid-state switching eliminates arcing or contact bounce that create voltage transients
• No contacts to wear out from reaction of switching events
• Restricted (or limited) RFI generation, depending on activation point of sine wave
• Requires only a small gate activation pulse in each half-cycle
Excellent for AC switching and phase control applications such as heating, lighting, and motor speed controls.
Typical applications are AC solid-state switches, light dimmers, power tools, home/brown goods and white
Alternistor Triacs (no snubber required) are used in applications with extremely inductive loads requiring
highest commutation performance.
Internally constructed isolated packages are offered for ease of heat sinking with highest isolation voltage.