The ML13135 is the second generation of single chip, dual conversion FM communications receivers developed by Motorola. Major improvements in signal handling, RSSI and first oscillator operation have been made. In addition, recovered audio distortion and audio drive have improved. These receivers offer low noise, high gain and stability over a wide operating voltage range, and Lansdale is pleased to continue to offer them.
The ML13135 includes a Colpitts oscillator, VCO tuning diode, low noise first and second mixer and LO, high gain limiting IF, and RSSI. The ML13135 is designed for use with an LC quadrature detector and has an uncommitted op amp that can be used either for an RSSI buffer or as a data comparator.
This device can be used as a stand–alone VHF receiver or as the lower IF of a triple conversion system. Applications include cordless telephones, short range data links, walkie–talkies, low cost land mobile, amateur radio receivers, baby monitors and scanners.
• Complete Dual Conversion FM Receiver – Antenna to Audio Output
• Input Frequency Range – 200 MHz
• Voltage Buffered RSSI with 70 dB of Usable Range
• Low Voltage Operation – 2.0 to 6.0 Vdc (2 Cell NiCad Supply)
• Low Current Drain – 3.5 mA Typ
• Low Impedance Audio Output < 25 Ω
• VHF Colpitts First LO for Crystal or VCO Operation
• Isolated Tuning Diode
• Buffered First LO Output to Drive CMOS PLL Synthesizer
• Operating Temperature Range TA = –40° to +85°C