The 6N135, 6N136 and ICPL4502 devices each consist of an infrared emitting diodes, optically coupled to a high speed photo detector. A separate connection for the photodiode bias and output-transistor collector increase the speed by several orders of magnitude over conventional phototransistor couplers by reducing the base-collector capacitance of the input transistor.
They are packaged in an 8-pin DIP package and available in wide-lead spacing and SMD option.
• High speed 1Mbit/s
• High isolation voltage between input and output (Viso=5000 Vrms)
• Guaranteed performance from 0°C to 70°C
• Wide operating temperature range of -55°C to 100°C
• Pb free and RoHS compliant
• Line receivers
• Telecommunication equipments
• Power transistor isolation in motor drives
• Replacement for low phototransistor photo couplers
• Feedback loop in switch-mode power supplies
• Home appliances
• High speed logic ground isolation