IR1167S is a smart secondary side driver IC designed to drive N-Channel power MOSFETs used as synchronous rectifiers in isolated Flyback converters.
The IC can control one or more paralleled N-MOSFETs to emulate the behavior of Schottky diode rectifiers. The drain to source voltage is sensed differentially to determine the polarity of the current and turn the power switch on and off in proximity of the zero current transition.
Ruggedness and noise immunity are accomplished using an advanced blanking scheme and double-pulse suppression which allow reliable operation in continuous, discontinuous and critical current mode operation and both fixed and variable frequency modes.
• Secondary side high speed SR controller
• DCM, CrCM and CCM flyback topologies
• 200V proprietary IC technology
• Max 500KHz switching frequency
• Anti-bounce logic and UVLO protection
• 7A peak turn off drive current
• Micropower start-up & ultra low quiescent current
• 10.7/14.5V gate drive clamp
• 50ns turn-off propagation delay
• Vcc range from 11.3V to 20V
• Direct sensing of MOSFET drain voltage
• Minimal component count
• Simple design
• Compatible with 1W Standby, Energy Star, CECP, etc.