The HCPL-3140/HCPL-0314 family of devices consists of a GaAsP LED optically coupled to an integrated circuit with a power output stage. These optocouplers are ideally suited for driving power IGBTs and MOSFETs used in motor control inverter applications. The high operating voltage range of the output stage provides the drive voltages required by gate controlled devices.
• 0.4 A minimum peak output current
• High speed response:
0.7 µs maximum propagation delay over temperature range
• Ultra high CMR: minimum 10 kV/µs at VCM = 1 kV
• Bootstrappable supply current: maximum 3 mA
• Wide operating temperature range: –40°C to 100°C
• Wide VCCoperating range: 10 V to 30 V over temp. range
• Available in DIP8 and SO8 package
• Safety approvals: UL approval pending, 2500 Vrmsfor 1 minute.
CSA approval pending. VDE approval pending VIORM = 630 Vpeak (HCPL-3140)
• Isolated IGBT/Power MOSFET gate drive
• AC and brushless DC motor drives
• Inverters for home appliances
• Industrial inverters
• Switch Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)