The Gamewell SS-PD and SS-PDR Intelligent Low-Flow Photoelectric Smoke Duct Detectors provide lowflow technology that enables duct smoke detection throughout a broad range of airflow environments in HVAC applications. The low-flow technology can detect smoke at air speed velocities of 100 feet per minute (0.5 m/sec.) or greater, while continuing the same reliable performance to 4,000 feet per minute (20.32 m/sec.).
• Air velocity rating from 100 to 4,000 feet per minute (0.5 to 20.32 m/sec.).
• Patented telescopic sampling tube.
• Easily accessible code wheels for addressing detector.
• Outside mounting tabs.
• Mounts to round or rectangular ducts from 1’ to 12’ (0.3 to 3.7 meters) wide.
• Transparent cover for convenient visual inspection.
Duct smoke detectors have specific limitations, they are:
• NOT a substitute for open area smoke detectors.
• NOT a substitute for early warning detection.
• NOT a replacement for a building’s regular fire detection system.
Please call Gamewell for a copy of System Sensor’s application guide, Proper Use of Smoke Detectors in Duct Applications, (A05-1004-00).