The MB3802 is a power management switch incorporating two switch circuits with extremely low ON resistance.
NO diode is required because the switch block is configured with an N-ch MOS to prevent reverse current at switch OFF.
The MB3802 starts at a very low voltage (typical VIN > 2.2V) and a stable ON resistance is obtained irrespective of the switching voltage because the internal DC/DC converter applies the optimum voltage for the N-ch MOS gate at switch ON.
Moreover, the load-side capacitor is discharged at switch OFF, and the power supply for various power supply systems is switched efficiently.
• Extremely low ON resistance:
RON = 0.12 Ω (typical)
RON = 0.06 Ω (typical at parallel connection)
• Reverse current protection at load side at switch OFF
• Operation start at low input voltage: VIN > 2.2 V (typical)
• Low power consumption
At switch OFF: IIN (input voltage) = 0 µA, VIN = 0 V
At switch ON: IIN = 230 µA, VIN = 5 V
• Load discharge function
• External control of ON/OFF time
• Break-before-make operation