The 3 17 are adjustable 3 - terminal positive -voltage regulators capable of supplying 1.5A over a differential voltage range of 3V to 40V. They are exceptionally easy to use and require only two external resistors to set the output voltage. Both input and output regulation are better than standard fixed regulators.In addition to higher performance than fixed regulators, these regulators offer full overload protection available only in integrated circuits. Included on the chip are current limit, thermal overload protection, and safe-area protection. All overload protection circuitry remains fully functional even if the adjustment terminal is disconnected. Normally, no capacitors are needed unless the device is situated far from the input filter capacitors in which case an input bypass is needed. An optional output capacitor can be added to improve transient response.
• Output Voltage Range Adjustable from1.2 Vto 37 V
• Output Current Capability of 1.5 AMax
• Input Regulation Typically 0.01 % Per Input - VoltChange
• Output Regulation Typically 0.1 %
• Peak Output Current Constant Over Temperature Range of Regulator
• Popular 3-Lead TO-220 Package
• Ripple Rejection Typically 80 dB