Controller-Based Modem for Embedded Applications
Conexant’s broadband communications portfolio includes a comprehensive suite of semiconductor solutions that enable the digital home and information network. Dial-up modems continue to be the predominant method of communication for the embedded market.
The CX06833 modem is ideal for country-specific embedded applications such as POS Terminals, Set-top Boxes, Metering, Building Automation, Gaming, Ruggedized Notebooks, Remote Site Management and any other application that requires a robust dial-up modem solution.
The device integrates the microcontroller, digital signal processor, memory and support for a discrete DAA. The CX06833 supports either serial or parallel host interface operation and it is available in a 144-pin TQFP package.
- ITU-T V.92, V.90 (SM56D models)
- ITU-T V.34 (SM56D/SM336D)
- ITU-T V.32bis, V.32, V.22bis, V.22 fast connect, V.23 and V.21
- Bell 212A and Bell 103
- V.250 and V.251 commands
- V.80 synchronous access mode
• V.92, V.34 and V.32bis options
- V.92 includes Modem-on-Hold™, Quick Connect and PCM Upstream
• FastPOS (V.29) and V.22 fast connect
• TAM and optional full-duplex speakerphone
• V.44/V.42bis and MNP5 data compression
• V.42 and MNP2-4 error correction
• 144-pin TQFP package
• Fax modem send and receive rates up to 14.4 kbps
• Quick time-to-market
• Low-cost solution
• Optional Pb-free devices available